Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Friends that matter

Man is not a solitary creature but a social one. He needs to interact not only with his environment but with others of his kind. One of the things that really amazes me is how a baby, when borned, is incapable of communication of any sorts except to cry, can grow up and articulate and communicate how he/she feels. And the other person can understand despite being 2 totally different individuals with different experiences in life. Whenever I think of that, it leaves me speechless and dumbfounded in amazement.

friend
n.

1. A person whom one knows, likes, and trusts.
2. A person whom one knows; an acquaintance.
3. A person with whom one is allied in a struggle or cause; a comrade.
4. One who supports, sympathizes with, or patronizes a group, cause, or movement: friends of the clean air movement.
5. Friend A member of the Society of Friends; a Quaker.



Friends are one of the important things in life. Why? Because its really through the interactions with your friends that really form your thought patterns on a myrid of issues. I rememeber one particular friend that told me off because I was insensitive and did not think beyond myself. There was another who challanged me to think what I wanted in life and yet another that taught me that there was a world beyond the shores of Singapore. I thank God for such people. Many people will pass your way, but not many of them will leave a mark on your life some will leave you in despair, some will inspire you, some will make you a better person. Are you a friend that makes a difference? - friends that matter.

No comments: