Monday, November 07, 2005

Bend it.....

Today was one of the earliest days that I woke up ever since I got a car. Guess I've been leading a pretty blessed life. Got up at 7am. The reason? - LTA decided that the ECP was to congested and has increased the price of ERP to $2... When i started driving to work it was 50 cents! Anyway, I beat the ERP and I'm pretty happy cos I saved $1.50. Guess thats the price of 30 minutes of sleep.

Waxed my car over the weekend, so she's shining like a beauty again. Apologies for having neglected you baby. Guess I've been caught up with other things in my life... really need to re-focus.

Someone said something yesterday that really helped me change my thinking (that doesn't happen often). We usually think of rules as a prohibition of sorts. Like a parent telling a kid what he can or cannot do. We think of it as restrictive, something to hinder us from doing what we want. Boundaries are defined, perhaps too defined. Guess I like blurred lines. But these boundaries allow us to function within an acceptable limit.

An example was given. Cos the lines are drawn and rules made clear, we can function within those boundaries. For example, when 2 people interact, we agree (sub-consciously) to abide by certain rules, rules of being civilized, of being honest and resepcting each others space. It is because of the rules that we understand that we can intereact at that level. If there were no rules, I wonder how many of us will be willing to interact with anyone... Cheem? Go think about it.

Unfortunatley, there are some people who don't abide by such rules. Not sure if they do it on purpose or are clueless about the existence of such rules. Whatever the case, I find it most tiresome and exhausting in such cases. I need a holiday...

No comments: