Thursday, October 20, 2005

Turning back time

Shows like "Back to the Future" and H.G Well's "Time Machine" try to answer the proverbial question of "What would you do different if you had a second chance to do it all over again?" Some people live in regret of what they have done, while other, bite the bamboo and move on, living with their mistakes. One wonders, who makes a better person at the end of the day...

On a different note, caught the movie "Goal", it was a British production which featured a couple of celebrity football players. The jist of the movie revolves around a young aspiring Mexican, Santiago Munez, who despite family situations and objections, realises his dream of playing professional football in a Premier League club. An inspirational movie.

At the heart of the movie (my opinion) is the courage to dare to dream, to pursue what your heart desires. We will always find ourselves in situations where we have to make decisions, sometime we are called to sacrifice, sometimes we are afraid, sometimes we hide behind something and make excuses for ourselves. I wonder, have I lived my life to its fullest or have I missed out on somethings because I have compromised on certain things. All in all, I don't want to look back in regret, but to look forward. To live the remaning years of my life to its fullest.

No comments: