Monday, August 01, 2005

Life on the Fast Track

Driving on the highway can be quite an experience even for a seasoned driver like myself.Every day is a brand new journey to the destination where you are headed for. Sometimes, the right most lane is the fast-track, you zip by, on other days, its the slowest and you get stuck behind traffic. The left road, the road less travelled, somehow bocomes the express lane. But whatever the case, you live with the decision on which lane to stay in. Sometimes its a good choice, sometimes not. Sometimes you get stuck in it and all you can do is to just ride it out, it usually get better when you get over the Shears Bridge (I drive on the ECP by the way). On other occasions, a lane, an opportunity, appears and you filter into an adjacent lane and once again cruising, leaving the rest of the world behind. There are big cars, some with especially big butts, that block your front view totally. There are the reckless drivers, the sports cars, the lorries and trucks and no to mention the notorious Taxis. The beautiful cars, the ugly ones, the rare ones (like my Toledo) and of course not forgetting the common ones (like the Vios). The expensive ones and the rich ones. What a myrid of cars!

Interestingly, it does not matter what kind of vehicle you drive, you face the same challange as any car. Does not matter if its a 200bhp car or a conservative 78bhp car, a Subaru WRX STi or a Nissan March You are still stuck in the same traffic. You get horned at, squeezed out of your lane, overtaken, have someone cut into your lane, you jam your brakes, you curse, you move on...

Well, life is pretty much the same ain't it? We all face our set of obstacles, we all have to make decisions, we all have to live with the consequence of our decisions. Sometimes we get a lucky break, sometime we just have to ride it out, sometimes our future gets obstructed, sometimes its as clear as a cloudless sky. Whatever the case, we all have a journey to make... a destination to reach. How do you want to finish that journey. Personally, I wind my windows down, I blast my music, wind in my hair, wearing my shades and I take whatever comes...


I dare you to move
I dare you to lift yourself up off the floor
I dare you to move
Like today never happened
(Jon Foreman)

No comments: