Friday, January 20, 2006

The thing about instant noodles

Our society today in general can be described as an instant society. Where culture follows the same principles of instant noodles. Everything needs to be fast, instant. The buzz word is efficiency. Needless to say, I'm pretty much caught up in that same kind of mentality. Gone are the days of wasting time, sitting about doing nothing or waiting for something to happen. Its all about planning and thinking ahead nowadays.

The past couple of days have been "tough" for me as I had to resort to taking public transport. My car was involved in an accident with a particular wall. The wall escaped pretty much unscathe, my car unfortuantely was not so well off. A bus ride home took me more than an hour. Changed buses twice just to get home. But the thing was that during the ride, I had so much more time to do thing about stuff than usual and that was a break. I could day dream (something which I used to do so much more) and sit back and relax, watching the world go by and how having to worry about the traffic. If I was tired, I could just take twenty winks and not worry abotu hitting the car in front. Ah the life...

Well, I got my car back yesterday. And even as I'm reminded of what I've lost, its ironical because of the time I've gained because I can do so much more with the car, but at the same time, all the personal time that I've lost. Determined to reclaim my lost time.

1 comment:

Roy said...

Hm, think in economics, it's called opportunity cost. :) Yea, we all know that. Redeeming our time, that's a good one. Guess it's something to do all the time. Good reminder.