Monday, May 15, 2006

Earth Shaker

Being very much a routine person who needs stability with the familiar, unchanging schedules etc, it can get depressing and discouraging when things don't seem to be what they are. Was watching this show about disasters and there was this portion when it showed a building collasped suddenly, without a warning, killing many people in it. A building is suppose to withstand the element, providing protection for those who are in it. But when something like that happenes, the very foundation of our beliefs are shaken!

Marriage, an institution I very much believe in, is challanged as we see spouses becomin gunfaithful with no rhyme or reason, I just heard from a friend that an associate's wife walk out on him out of the blue. It saddens my heart.

The more time passes, it seems that there is nothing certain in this world. Things which are suppose to be trustworthy fail you or play your out. Then what is the point in building anything? What if all that I have built just decides to collaspe?!

I am reminded that there is one thing which is certain. My faith in an faithful, unchanging God. My foundation, that is unmovable, certain and solid. That gives me strength to continue living. Yes, things may change, just like the weather, but I know that my worth as a person will never change!

No comments: